Trademark Act, 1999 was introduced to register the trademarks. Trademark can be defined as the unique identity that makes your products/ services different from rest of the world. Trademark can be word, logo, number, letter, color combination, phrase, graphics etc. Trademark is registered by the controller general of patents design and trademarks under the administrative control of the Ministry of commerce, Government of India. Trademark registration provides you the exclusive right to use the trademark and to sue others who try to copy your trademark.
Benefits of Trademark Registration
- Exclusive Business Rights.
- Legal Protection for your brand/ logo etc
- Intangible Asset Creation.
- Builds trust and makes goodwill of your business.
- Makes your products/ services unique.
- Use of registered symbol.